UK Student Visa
Am I Eligible For a UK Student Visa from Pakistan?
A UK Student Visa allows you to study in the UK if you are aged 16 or above. You must meet the 70-point score requirement to be eligible for this visa. You must also fulfil other specific requirements related to your intended course in the UK, financial standing, and age.
The actual duration of this visa depends on the level of your academic course. If you intend to study in a degree-level course in the UK and are aged 18 or above, you can stay in the UK for up to 5 years on the Student Visa. If the course isn’t at the degree level, you will typically get a two-year visa.
Here at Adam Bernard, our Student Visa consultants help you understand all the requirements you must fulfil for a UK Student Visa from Pakistan. You can get in touch with us for a free session. We also offer guidance on all other UK visas and immigration routes.
You are to meet various requirements related to different parts of your visa application when seeking a Student Visa UK. These requirements include the following:
- Academic Requirements. You must have received a confirmed offer of admission at an eligible institution and your course must also meet the eligibility requirements.
- Financial Requirements. You must have cash funds to support your stay in the UK without relying on public funds.
- Age Requirements. You must be aged 16 or above. If you are 16 or 17 at the time of visa application, you will need to get written consent from your parents.
- English Language Testing Requirements. You must demonstrate that you have the minimum level of English language proficiency required for the visa. This is usually done by enrolling in a designated Secure English Language Test (SELT).
A more detailed look at each set of requirements for a Student Visa UK is provided below. You can also consult our Student Visa lawyers to London to see how best you can meet these requirements. Being a leading UK visa consultant in Pakistan, we offer comprehensive advice and guidance for all UK visas and immigration options.
The first requirement for a UK Student Visa is that you must have secured admission at an eligible institution. An institution is eligible if it is found on the Home Office Register of Licensed Sponsors.
The next step is to get a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from the licensed institution. The CAS is a valid proof that you have been offered a placement on one of the courses at the institution.
The third step is to verify whether or not the course you are enrolled in is eligible. For a course to be eligible, it must be one of the following:
- An English language course that is at B2 level or above
- An approved program meant for dentists or doctors at the postgraduate level.
- A full-time course that is at the RQF levels 3, 4, or 5. This is equivalent to a course at below the degree-level and includes first two years in a Bachelor’s degree, A levels, or an apprenticeship at the same level. Such a course must have at least 15 or more hours of study per week.
- A full-time course that it at RQF levels 6, 7, 0r 8. Courses that are at the degree level or above qualify under this. These include Bachelor, Postgraduate, Masters, and Doctorate degrees.
- A part-time course at RQF Level 7 or above. This applies to courses that earn you a qualification that is above the degree level.
If your course qualifies as one of the above, it is eligible for a Student Visa UK. You can proceed to other requirements to see if you also fulfil them.
If you are not sure whether or not your course or institution is eligible for the visa, you can consult our Student Visa consultants. We also can help you understand the eligibility requirements for other UK visas and immigration routes.
You must have a minimum amount in cash funds to support yourself for each month of your stay in the UK. This amount slightly varies depending on whether you will be studying in London or outside London. It also depends on the nature of your course.
If your course is based in London, you must have cash funds of at least £1,334 per month. For courses based outside London, this amount is slightly reduced to £1,023 per month.
If your Student Visa UK is based on the Doctorate Extension Scheme and you will be studying in London, you must prove that you funds of £2,668 per month. If your course is based outside London, this sum is reduced to £2,046 per month.
It may be possible for you to have your dependents join you on a UK Student Visa from Pakistan. In this case, you must additional cash funds of £845 per month for London-based courses and £680 per month for courses taught outside London.
You will need to show the availability of cash funds for 9 months when you apply for the visa. This is to ensure that you have the financial means to support yourself and any dependents for at least one academic year.
If you are not sure how to meet the financial requirements, you can get in touch with our Student Visa lawyers.
Being a reputable UK visa consultant in Pakistan, our Student Visa consultants offer tailored advice that is specifically suited to the circumstances of your visa application. We also help you apply for other types of UK visas and immigration options.
English Language Testing Requirements
The English Language Testing requirement aims to ensure that you have a minimum level of English language proficiency when you arrive in the UK.
For a Student Visa, you must meet the following minimum levels of proficiency:
- English language proficiency at B1 level or above if you intend to study in a course that is below degree level
- English language proficiency of B2 level or above if your intended course is at degree-level or above
You can prove your proficiency by taking a Secure English Language Test (SELT). The Home Office maintains a list of approved SELT providers. You can schedule an exam date with one of these providers, take the test, and share test results at the time of your visa application.
Our Student Visa consultants can help you identify a test provider, exam centre, and exam date to help you meet this particular requirement for a UK Student Visa. You also need a SELT for several other types of UK visas and immigration routes.
Applying for a UK Student Visa
You must submit an online application for a UK Student Visa. If you are applying from Pakistan, the basic visa application fee is PKR 95,895. You must pay this fee alongside your online application.
In addition, you must also pay an annual surcharge for each year of your stay on a Student Visa UK. The surcharge is £470 per year for a Student Visa. If you receive a two-year visa, for instance, the total surcharge amount is £940.
You must also provide several documents alongside your online application for Student Visa UK. These include the following:
- A valid form of identity such as a passport or another travel document
- A CAS from a licensed sponsor institution
- Results of a SELT you have passed with the requisite minimum score
- A TB test result certificate if you are applying from Pakistan
- A written form of consent from your guardians or parents if you are aged 16 or 17
- Financial documents such as bank statements to show the availability of cash funds
Once you submit the online application, pay the visa fee, and provide the relevant documents, visa application processing begins. It can take the Home Office up to 3 weeks to make a decision on your application.
The actual time can vary if your application is incomplete or inaccurate. This is why it is best to consult a reliable UK visa consultant before you submit your application.
Here at Adam Bernard, our Student Visa lawyers to London can help you ensure that your application is complete and accurate when you submit it. We also help you apply for other types of UK visas and immigration routes.
What if My Visa Application is Rejected?
It is possible to appeal a UK Student Visa application rejection. You can also reapply for the same visa if you get a visa refusal.
If your application was turned down because it was incomplete or inaccurate, you can correct these errors with the help of Student Visa lawyers to London and then reapply.
If the application was refused on other grounds, you may appeal. To appeal, you must request an administrative review within 28 days of receiving the letter from the Home Office. In your request, you are required to provide reasons why you think your application should not have been rejected.
The Home Office will then review your application and see if you have valid grounds to obtain a UK Student Visa.
Why Adam Bernard?
Here at Adam Bernard, we are one of the most reputable UK visa consultant firms in Pakistan. Our Student Visa lawyers help you meet the requirements for a UK Student Visa and improve your chances of success.
Whether you have already submitted an online application for Student Visa UK, are about to do so, or have received a rejection, we can help. Our Student Visa lawyers to London will work with you to rectify any errors and then reapply or appeal the original decision.
We also help you along every step of the application process when you are applying for other UK visas and immigration routes.
Call us now at +92-3041112026 to book a free consultation with our experts.